How your data is used by the society
We collect and process your personal information, as specified below, for a number of purposes, including:
- Maintaining your personal details (ie. your name, photograph, relevant College identifiers and preferred contact details), including ensuring effective communications with you;
- Maintaining financial records (ie. payment of membership fees and other payments to the society);
- Maintaining a formal record of your activities within the society;
- Maintaining data to enable the society to undertake research into its own activities and/or to manage complaints made to us.
If you have concerns or queries about any of these purposes, please contact us.
How we share your personal data
- Personal data is not normally shared outside of the society and its members. We share some of your personal information with Magdalene College, only where there is a specific need to, including recognising donations made directly to the Mallory Club
We may also be subject to a legal requirement (with or without your consent) to share your personal information with the College or a government agency (such as the police or security services or other statutory authorities with investigatory powers) under special circumstances (e.g. relating to tax, crime or health and safety). Where possible, we will notify you of our intention to share such information in advance.
You have the right: to ask us for access to, rectification or erasure of your personal information; to restrict processing (pending correction or deletion); to object to communications; and to ask for the transfer of your personal information electronically to a third party (data portability). Some of these rights are not automatic, and we reserve the right to discuss with you why we might not comply with a request from you to exercise them. If you have questions or concerns about your personal information, or how it used, please speak an officer of the society. If you remain unhappy with the way your information is being handled, or with the response received from us, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office at Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, SK9 5AF (https://ico.org.uk/). Last updated: 25/05/2018